Love Nando’s chicken wings? They are really easy to make at home with this Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Wings Copycat recipe!
My homemade Nando’s obsession continues…
If you are new round here, there’s something you need to know about me… I am obsessed with Nando’s food! Eating it in Nando’s restaurants, but also figuring out how to make homemade versions of my Nando’s favourites!
And it seems I am not alone… my Nando’s copycat recipes are some of my most popular recipes 😀 But there is one recipe that has been a glaring omission… until now! And that is Homemade Peri Peri Chicken Wings.
I am so sorry it has taken so long for me to get around to publishing a Nando’s Wings recipe… but now you have it – enjoy!
Super easy Peri Peri Chicken Wings
Love Nando’s chicken wings? I have great news for you – they are super easy to make at home!
All you need to do is mix up a simple Peri Peri marinade in a bowl (no blender or food processor required!) Next, place the chicken wings in the bowl of marinade, turning to coat each piece of chicken with marinade. Then, either marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the fridge, if you have the time, or just continue with the recipe. Finally, roast the chicken wings in the oven.
What to serve with Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
All your homemade Nando’s favourites of course!
- Spicy rice
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Rainbow coleslaw
- Macho peas
- Corn on the cob
- Chips (fries)
- Sweet potato wedges
- Baked sweet potato
- Spiced Grains and Butternut Squash
- Smoky Red Pepper Chutney
- Garlic bread
- Long Stemmed Broccoli with Lemon and Garlic
- Creamy mash
- Mixed leaf salad
What to drink with Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
I love these delicious Peri Peri Chicken Wings with a zingy South African Sauvignon Blanc or a fruity South African Chardonnay. Alternatively, they go well with a fruity Portuguese or South African rosé.
What to do with leftover Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
Got some leftover Peri Peri Chicken Wings? Not a problem! They are delicious cold the next day… perfect for packed lunches and picnics! Simply put any leftovers in a lidded container and place in the fridge, where they will keep for up to 3 days.
Serve cold, or reheat at 180C (160C fan / gas mark 4 / 350F) for 10 minutes, or until piping hot all the way through.
Can you freeze Peri Peri Chicken Wings?
Absolutely! Once cooked and cooled, put into a lidded container or plastic freezer bag and place in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 1 month.
Defrost overnight in the fridge and serve cold or reheat as above.
Want more Nando’s Copycat recipes?
Here you go!
Easy Peri Peri Chicken Wings (Nando’s Copycat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes (or to taste – see Note 1)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 kg chicken wings (bone in, skin on)
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C / gas mark 7 / 425F. (Save this step till later if you plan to marinate your chicken first.)
- Mix together all of the ingredients (apart from the chicken wings!) in a large bowl to create a simple marinade. Place the chicken wings in the bowl of marinade, turning to coat each piece of chicken with marinade.
- Cover and marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the fridge, if you have the time. Alternatively, just continue with the recipe.
- Place all the chicken wings on a large non-stick roasting tray – well spaced out. (See Note 2.) Place the tray in your preheated oven.
- Roast the chicken wings for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes.
- Serve with all your favourite Nando’s style sides!
- Adjust the heat by using more or less chilli flakes. Exact ‘hotness’ will depend on the brand of chilli flakes, but as a rough guide go for 1 teaspoon = mild, 2 teaspoons = medium, 3 teaspoons = hot, 4 teaspoons = extra hot.
- It’s very important to ensure the wings are spread out well over the baking sheet - if they are touching each other too much, or piled on top of each other, they will not cook properly. (If you do not have a baking tray large enough for this, use two smaller baking trays instead.)
- Suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Peri Peri Chicken Wings for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!