Love the creamy coleslaw you get at Nando’s? Now you can make it at home with this easy peasy Nando’s fakeaway version! This creamy coleslaw is utterly delicious and super simple to make.
Fakeaway Nando’s Coleslaw
What’s your favourite Nando’s side? For many people it’s the creamy coleslaw!
I won’t lie – it took a few Nando’s trips and much tinkering in my kitchen to come up with this fakeaway version… But I am super pleased with the results. It’s very similar to the one you get Nando’s!
What is Nando’s coleslaw made of?
Nando’s coleslaw is a delicious combination of sliced white cabbage and grated carrot, in creamy-yet-tangy dressing, finished with a sprinkle of parsley.
Easy creamy coleslaw
Whether or not you’re a Nando’s fan, like me, this creamy coleslaw is utterly delicious and super easy to make!
All you need to do is mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt (or sour cream), vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Then add the grated onion, sliced cabbage, grated carrot and fresh parsley, stirring well after each addition.
Finally, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving (optional, but it helps the flavours mix and mingle, and the coleslaw tastes even better!)
(See below for the full recipe.)
What to serve with Nando’s Creamy Coleslaw
Serve this delicious side with all your favourite Nando’s-style Peri Peri chicken dishes! For example:
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Thighs
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Breasts
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Butterfly
- Nando’s Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Wings
- Nando’s Peri Peri Chicken Burgers
- Nando’s Sunset Burgers
- Nando’s Fino Pitta
- Peri Peri Chicken Traybake
It also works wonderfully with roast chicken, ham, pulled pork and pan-fried salmon. And of course it makes a great option to serve at a barbecue, pot luck, buffet, party or picnic.
What to do with leftover creamy coleslaw
As is often the case with coleslaw, this creamy coleslaw tastes just as good the next day, if not better! This means it’s a great make-ahead side, and perfect for picnics and lunchboxes. (As well as transporting to buffets, parties, potlucks etc.)
Put any leftover coleslaw in a lidded container and place in the fridge, where it will keep for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze creamy coleslaw?
No, this creamy coleslaw is not suitable for freezing.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Homemade Nando’s Coleslaw
- 80 g good quality mayonnaise
- 80 g full fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar – see Note 1)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ onion grated on the coarse side of the grater (see Note 2)
- 400 g white cabbage roughly ½ a standard size one, finely sliced
- 50 g carrot grated on the coarse side of the grater
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped – plus extra for garnish (optional)
- Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the grated onion and stir well.
- Add the cabbage and stir well.
- Add the grated carrot and stir well.
- Add the fresh parsley and stir well.
- Ideally, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving (optional, but it helps the flavours mix and mingle, and the coleslaw tastes even better!)
- Nando’s coleslaw is quite tangy, hence why I have used 2 tablespoons of vinegar. But if you prefer a less tangy flavour, I recommend only using 1 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Definitely grate the onion – don’t chop it. Grating the onion makes ALL the difference!
- Not suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Homemade Nando’s Coleslaw for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!