Love Nando’s Peri Peri chicken? Then you are going to ADORE this Peri Peri Chicken Traybake! Simply coat chicken and vegetables in my easy homemade Peri Peri Marinade… then throw everything into one tray and roast for 45 minutes. Quick, easy, super tasty… and best of all, only one pan to wash up!
My love of Nando’s
If you have been around here for any length of time, you’ll know I LOVE Nando’s. I am just obsessed by that delicious Peri Peri marinated chicken! And as much as I love Nando’s, I also love working out how to recreate my Nando’s favourites at home, so I can enjoy them even more often 😀
So far on Easy Peasy Foodie, I have shared my homemade versions of:
- Peri Peri Chicken Thighs
- Peri Peri Chicken Breasts
- Peri Peri Chicken Burgers
- Homemade Nando’s Spicy Rice
And it seems I am not alone in my love of homemade Nandos copycat recipes – these recipes are some of the most popular on my blog!
Peri Peri Chicken Traybake
Now, if you have been here for a while, you will also know I am obsessed with traybakes: those throw it all in one tray and chuck it in the oven type recipes that make busy weeknights so much less stressful.
In fact, so much so, that many people have called me the ‘Queen of Traybakes’!
Well, now I am combining my two loves to bring you my Peri Peri Chicken Traybake 😀
This delicious traybake is so ridiculously easy… all you need to do is mix together a simple homemade peri peri marinade, coat your chicken and vegetables in the marinade, then throw everything out onto a roasting tray and roast in your oven for 45 minutes.
This meal is a total crowdpleaser and perfect for those busy midweek evenings.
What to serve with Peri Peri Chicken Traybake
There are so many possibilities here!
A great option would be to serve this Nandos inspired traybake with another Nandos favourite: my homemade version of Nando’s Spicy Rice.
Or you could do as I have done here and serve it with a portion of my Easy Peasy Parmentier Potatoes.
If you want to keep things simple, this would also be delicious with a big hunk of crusty white bread, a baked potato or some plain white rice.
And if you are trying to eat low-carb at the moment, then simply serve it on it’s own!
Whichever way you go, I really recommend also serving this Peri Peri Chicken Traybake with a simple green salad.
What to drink with Peri Peri Chicken Traybake
My favourite wine to pair with Nando’s style chicken is a bold and gutsy Sauvignon Blanc from somewhere like South Africa or New Zealand. If you prefer red, then go for a ripe and fruity Merlot or Grenache/Garnacha based wine. Merlot and Grenache/Garnacha based rosés also work well here.
If you are more of a beer drinker, then I recommend an IPA or golden ale.
Can you reheat Peri Peri Chicken Traybake?
Yes you can. This Peri Peri Chicken Traybake makes great leftovers!
Simply place your Peri Peri Chicken Traybake leftovers in a plastic, lidded container and put it in the fridge, where it will keep for up to 3 days.
You can either eat the leftovers cold – it’s lovely made into a salad with a few green leaves (perfect for taking to work and making your colleagues jealous!)
Alternatively, you can reheat the leftovers… simply place them in a large ovenproof bowl, cover with foil and put the bowl into your oven, preheated to 220C (200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F), for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is piping hot all the way through.
You could also reheat the leftovers in your microwave.
Can you freeze Peri Peri Chicken Traybake?
Absolutely! Simply place your Peri Peri Chicken Traybake leftovers in a plastic, lidded container and put it in the freezer, where it will keep for up to 1 month.
Defrost overnight in the fridge and either eat cold or reheat as above.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Peri Peri Chicken Traybake (Nandos Copycat)
Peri Peri Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 4 cloves garlic grated or crushed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 8 chicken thighs or legs (skin on and bone in)
- 3 (bell) peppers (mix of red/yellow/orange) cut into thick slices
- 2 red onions cut into thick wedges
- Your choice of Parmentier Potatoes, Nandos Spicy Rice, Homemade Chips or Sweet Potato Wedges
- Green Salad
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Turn the chicken thighs/legs in the marinade and place on a large oven tray. (See note 1.)
- Place the peppers and onions into the marinade, turn to coat and place on the oven tray.
- Ensure everything is well spread out on the oven tray. (Use 2 oven trays if necessary.)
- Place the oven tray into your preheated oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the vegetables are slightly charred round the edges.
- Serve with your choice of Parmentier Potatoes, Nandos Spicy Rice, Homemade Chips or Sweet Potato Wedges, and a green salad.
- If you have more time available, you can marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours. Simply turn the chicken in the marinade until all the pieces are well coated, pile up all the chicken in the marinade bowl, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for as long as you have available – up to a maximum of 24 hours. Then continue with the recipe as written.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.