This is a super simple recipe for Roasted Corn On The Cob – just 3 minutes of hands on time and ready in less than 20 minutes. (And no par-boiling!) Perfect for busy days, when you need an easy peasy side dish everyone will love.
Inspired by Nando’s
Love Nando’s corn on the cob? Then you are going to love this Easy Roasted Corn On The Cob recipe! It’s no secret that I am a huge Nando’s fan… (Head here to check out all my other Nando’s copycat recipes!) And roasted corn on the cob is one of my favourite sides. While Nando’s flame grill their version, my version is adapted for normal kitchens… and roasted in the oven – but it’s no less tasty!
Super simple roasted corn
Oven roasted corn on the cob is so quick and simple to make! All you need to do is mix together some salt and olive oil in a large bowl. Next, add the corn on the cobs and stir to coat thoroughly. (Or, even better, use your hands!) Then place the corn on the cobs on a large non-stick baking tray. And finally, roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Easy peasy!
Do you need to par boil roasted corn on the cob?
Absolutely not! There’s no need to par-boil your corn on the cobs, just place them straight into a hot oven and roast for 15 minutes.
What to serve roasted corn on the cobs with?
Roasted corn on the cob makes a great side dish for almost anything: grilled meats and fish, lasagne, pizza, Mexican food… They also go very well as a side dish at barbecues. (You can even cook the corn on the cobs on the BBQ if you want to!)
And, as this recipe is Nando’s inspired, these corn on the cobs obviously go brilliantly with Nando’s style chicken such as:
- Peri Peri Chicken Thighs
- Peri Peri Chicken Breasts
- Peri Peri Chicken Burgers
- Peri Peri Chicken Pitta
- Peri Peri Chicken Traybake
What to do with leftover roasted corn on the cobs?
Roasted corn is just as nice the next day! Simply put any leftovers in a lidded container and place in the fridge, where they’ll keep for up to 3 days. You can either eat them cold or heat them up in the oven. To re-heat, simply place in an oven, pre-heated to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4 / 350F, for 10 minutes or until piping hot.
Can you freeze roasted corn on the cobs?
Yes you can! You can freeze the corn on or off the cobs. Simply put the cooked and cooled corn in a lidded container and place in the freezer where it will keep for up to 1 month.
Defrost overnight in the fridge and serve cold or reheat, as above.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Easy Roasted Corn On The Cob
- 1 teaspoon salt (ideally coarse sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 corn on the cobs each one cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C / gas mark 7 / 425F.
- Mix together the salt and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the corn on the cobs and stir to coat thoroughly. (Or, even better, use your hands!)
- Place the corn on the cobs on a large non-stick baking tray, ensuring they are well spread out and in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- It’s crucial to ensure the cobs are spread out well over the baking sheet - if they are touching each other too much, or piled on top of each other, they may not cook properly. (If you do not have a baking tray large enough for this, use two smaller baking trays instead.)
- I have found that if you use a good non-stick baking tray, the cobs don’t need turning throughout their cooking time, but if you are at all worried do give them a check after 10 minutes and turn them if you think necessary.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Easy Roasted Corn On The Cob for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!