Quick, healthy and delicious, this Easy Roasted Mexican Corn on the Cob is a real crowd pleaser! Serve as a side with all your Mexican favourites.
A few weeks ago, I shared with you my Easy Mexican Rice recipe – a delicious mix of rice, corn, black beans, peppers and Mexican spices. I served my Mexican rice with a couple of Easy Peasy Foodie favourites: my Chunky Guacamole and my Mexican Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes, as well as a new entrant to the Easy Peasy Foodie repertoire: this delicious Easy Roasted Mexican Corn on the Cob!
And I promised you I’d share the recipe… sorry it’s taken so long!! I hope you think it’s worth the wait 😀
It’s a very simple recipe. Just mix together chilli flakes, spices, lime juice and a little olive oil and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until done to your liking. Alternatively you can grill these on the barbecue (when it’s barbecue weather!!).
You can eat this Easy Roasted Mexican Corn on the Cob hot or cold, either on the cob or cut off and mixed into other dishes. Whichever way you do it, it’s bound to be popular! My family couldn’t get enough.
My Easy Roasted Mexican Corn on the Cobs would go brilliantly with any of my easy Mexican recipes. But if I was going to select a couple of my favourites I’d go for my Easy Chicken Mole or my Mexican Chicken Traybake. If you prefer a plant-based main, go for my Vegetable Mole or my Vegetable Fajitas.
And just for info – the spice mix is exactly the same as the spice mix for my Mexican Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes, so why not save time and do a double quantity of the spice mix and make both of these delicious Mexican sides?!!
Easy Roasted Mexican Corn on the Cob
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 corn on the cobs cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C / gas mark 7 / 425F.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, chilli, salt, garlic, olive oil and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add the corn on the cobs and stir to coat thoroughly. (Or, even better, use your hands!)
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a large non-stick baking tray, ensuring the corn on the cobs are well spread out and in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Pin Easy Roasted Mexican Corn for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!