Stuck in a rut with midweek meals? Add this quick and easy One Pot Tuna Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Sweetcorn to your repertoire. It takes just 30 minutes, uses mainly storecupboard ingredients and best of all – there’s only one pot to wash!
You guys know by now what a big fan I am of quick and easy one pot pasta dishes! After previously being super sceptical, I quickly discovered it is actually possible to cook pasta in with the sauce and still end up with reasonably al dente pasta (and NOT a great big mush as I was initially anticipating) and delicious flavours. It makes the perfect meal for busy weeknight evenings.
It did take me a few attempts to come up with a formula I was happy with, but now there’s no stopping me. I’ve already created a One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Bake and a One Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake and now I bring you my Easy One Pot Tuna Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Sweetcorn!
Tuna pasta bake is such a classic, but can lead to quite a few pots and pans being used if you are not careful! So, I felt it would be a perfect contender for my one pot pasta treatment.
I’ve stuck to broadly the same formula as before, but this time instead of the peppers, I’ve used broccoli and sweetcorn – both go really well with tuna and a pasta bake is a great way of getting veggies into small people (and big people).
I’ve also added a little mascarpone into the mix for a luxurious creaminess and topped this tuna pasta bake with a panko breadcrumb and cheddar cheese topping for extra crunch and deliciousness!
Serve with a simple salad for an easy midweek dinner! If you are feeling like a midweek tipple to go with this tuna pasta bake, I recommend something red and easy drinking: a soft fruity Merlot or a Grenache, maybe. Or if you want to drink Italian go with a Chianti or Montepulciano Abruzzo. Alternatively, I always find Sauvignon Blanc goes surprisingly well with tomatoey pasta sauces.
Easy One Pot Tuna Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 300 g fusilli pasta (or your favourite shape)
- 350 ml passata
- 650 ml water (use the empty passata jar to measure)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g mascarpone
- 120 g tinned tuna drained
- 150 g tinned sweetcorn drained (or use frozen)
- 200 g broccoli chopped into very small florets
- 150 g cheddar cheese grated
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs (or normal breadcrumbs)
- Green salad to serve optional
- Put the oil in a wide ovenproof pan and add the sliced onion. Fry for 3 minutes over a low heat, with the lid on, or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, with the lid off.
- Put the pasta, passata and water into the pan, together with the salt and pepper, and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice until the pasta is nearly al dente. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F.
- Remove the lid and add in the mascarpone, tuna, sweetcorn and broccoli. Stir to mix everything together thoroughly. Bring to a gentle simmer and then turn off. Mix the cheddar and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pasta bake.
- Cook the pasta bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling, and the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with a green salad.
Pin Easy One Pot Tuna Pasta Bake for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!