This Easy Tuna Rice Salad is so simple to make, but tastes great. Perfect for a light lunch, as part of a picnic or at a potluck/buffet. Alternatively, serve with a green side salad and some crusty bread for a more substantial meal.
Easy Tuna Rice Salad
This Easy Tuna Rice Salad could not be simpler to make. All you have to do is boil some rice, chop up a few veggies, open a tin of tuna and a tin of sweetcorn and mix up a very easy peasy dressing.
It takes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish, so perfect for a quick lunch or speedy supper, and ideal for lunchboxes and picnics.
It’s also a great dish to make if you are asked to contribute a salad for a buffet or potluck.
It’s naturally gluten and dairy free, and if you leave the tuna out, it’s vegan too. If I am asked to make something for a buffet, I often do a double quantity of this salad and make half with tuna and half without, so there’s something for everyone! (I hate the thought of anyone turning up to a buffet/potluck and finding there’s noting they can eat.)
Make it your own
This recipe is so adaptable – just use whatever you have in the fridge. You could use some leftover salmon or ham instead of the tuna or add in some chunks of pineapple, some peas or whatever takes your fancy. Experiment and see what works best for you.
What to serve with tuna rice salad?
This easy tuna salad is a pretty good meal in it’s own right. However, if you want to make it into a bit more of substantial meal, you could serve it with a side salad and some crusty white bread.
What to drink with tuna rice salad?
This easy rice salad pairs well with light, fresh Italian whites, such as Pinot Grigio. Alternatively, it would also go very well with a fruity French or Spanish Rose.
How long does tuna rice salad keep for?
This tuna rice salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge, however it really is best eaten on the day it was made or the day after.
Can you freeze tuna rice salad?
Well, you can – but I wouldn’t recommend it. The rice and the tuna will be fine, but some of the veggies will lose their texture and go a bit mushy. If that doesn’t bother you too much, by all means freeze it! It will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer.
When you come to eat it, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and serve cold.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Easy Tuna Rice Salad
Tuna Rice Salad
- 150 g white rice (I like to use basmati rice, but long-grain works well too.)
- 1 small red, orange or yellow pepper diced
- ¼ cucumber diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes diced
- 6 small mushrooms diced
- 145 g tin tuna drained
- 200 g tin sweetcorn drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain in a sieve and then cool by running cold water over the rice. Rest the sieve on the saucepan to drain the rice fully.
- While the rice is cooking and draining, make the dressing. Put the mustard, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper in an old jam jar (or similar) and stir to mix together. Add the olive oil and then screw on the lid of the jar and shake to combine.
- Chop up all the vegetables into small pieces and put in a large bowl, add the tuna and sweetcorn and the cooled drained rice and stir well to combine
- Add the dressing and stir well again.
- This can be served immediately or put in the fridge to serve later. I like to serve it with a little green salad – tossed in the remains of the dressing and with a big chunk of crusty white bread.
Pin Easy Tuna Rice Salad for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.