This Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti a very quick and easy recipe that is perfect to eat while sitting outside in the garden on a summer’s evening sipping a glass of chilled white wine. It was originally a Jamie Oliver recipe (from Jamie’s Italy) but I have tweaked it slightly to make it easier and (in my humble opinion) even more delicious.
The best thing about this recipe is that it can all be done in the time it takes to cook spaghetti!
Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti
- 300 g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chillies or more if you like things hot!
- 500 g raw peeled jumbo king prawns
- 100 ml white wine
- ½ jar passata about 150g
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 packet rocket
- First, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions and/or your own preferences.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, peel and finely slice the 2 garlic cloves. Put a drizzle of olive oil into a wide and reasonably deep saucepan, together with the garlic and dried chillies and fry on a very low heat for 2 minutes. Do not allow the garlic to burn!
- Add the raw prawns and fry for a further 2 minutes turning once to ensure they go pink on both sides.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat. Allow to bubble for 1 minute, then add the passata and some salt and pepper and bubble away for 2 more minutes.
- Add the juice of half a lemon (having first zested the lemon - it’s nigh on impossible to do afterwards) and turn the heat off.
- Check the spaghetti. It should be just about done by now. Drain and add to the sauce and mix together.
- Finally add a good handful of rocket to the spaghetti and mix again. Serve with a handful of rocket on top as a garnish and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…