Quick, simple and delicious, this Easy Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti is the perfect meal to make when time is short, but you still want to eat well. This recipe tastes like something you’d get from a really good Italian restaurant and yet it takes just 15 minutes from start to finish!
Easy Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti
This Easy Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti is wonderfully easy to make. Simply pop your spaghetti on to cook, then gently fry garlic and chilli, add prawns, white wine and passata and simmer for a couple of minutes. Finally add a squeeze of lemon, then stir in the spaghetti. Finish with a big handful of rocket and a sprinkle of lemon zest for a restaurant quality main… in just 15 minutes!
Of course, it doesn’t have to be spaghetti… you can use any pasta shape you like in this recipe.
What to serve with prawn and rocket spaghetti?
This prawn and rocket spaghetti is just perfect on its own, but if you want you could serve it with a chunk of crusty white bread and/or a green side salad.
What to drink with prawn and rocket spaghetti?
This prawn spaghetti dish is very wine friendly. It goes especially well with Pinot Grigio, but any crisp, dry Italian white should work well here. It also pairs well with Sauvignon Blanc.
Red wine wouldn’t work well here, but a light Provence rosé would pair nicely… however, given you are using white wine in the dish, it makes most sense to drink the same wine as you used in the cooking.
Can you freeze prawn and rocket spaghetti?
No, this is a dish best served fresh.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Easy Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti
- 300 g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or more if you like things hot!)
- 450 g raw peeled jumbo king prawns (defrost first, if frozen)
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 g passata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 60 g rocket (arugula)
- First, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions / your own preferences.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, peel and finely slice the 2 garlic cloves. Put the olive oil into a wide and reasonably deep saucepan, together with the garlic and dried chillies and fry on a very low heat for 2 minutes. Do not allow the garlic to burn!
- Add the raw prawns and fry for a further 2 minutes turning once to ensure they go pink on both sides. (See Note 1.)
- Add the wine and turn up the heat. Allow to bubble for 1 minute, then add the passata and some salt and pepper and bubble away for 2 more minutes.
- Add the juice of half a lemon (having first zested the lemon - it’s nigh on impossible to do afterwards!) and turn the heat off.
- Check the spaghetti. It should be just about done by now. Drain and add to the sauce and mix together.
- Finally add a good handful of rocket (arugula) to the spaghetti and mix again. Serve with a handful of rocket on top as a garnish and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
- If you have pre-cooked prawns I would add them in a bit later to avoid over cooking them, probably at the same time as the passata and then continue as above.
- Not suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Easy Prawn and Rocket Spaghetti for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.