Quorn Mince is a midweek meal lifesaver! Keep a bag stashed in the freezer for emergencies and you can have this Easy Quorn Bolognese on the table in just 20 minutes!
I love how Quorn mince can be cooked from frozen – not having to worry about defrosting it is one less thing to think about on busy days! It also means if my plans fall through, I know I can always whip up a quick Quorn recipe to have for dinner!
This Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese is one of our absolute favourites – quick and simple to make, it tastes delicious and I know my kids will eat it! I make it most weeks and usually make extra to have for lunch the next day too.
Quorn mince is also low in fat and high in fibre – making it a healthy midweek choice (well – depending on how much cheese you load on top!) and it’s also less expensive than standard mince too, so great if you are needing to save a few pennies.
I usually serve my Easy Quorn Bolognese with spaghetti or another pasta shape (my kids love the three-colour pasta with this!) – but if you are willing to break with tradition you could absolutely have this with rice or a jacket potato instead!
Easy Quorn Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms diced
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper diced
- 200 g Quorn mince
- 1 vegetable stock cube (I use Oxo)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes (I use Cirio)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g spaghetti (or another pasta shape)
- Cheddar or Parmesan (or vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese) grated
- Put the onion and olive oil in a wide, deep saucepan and gently cook the onion, with the lid on for about 5 minutes – until the onion is softened but not brown. Stir occasionally.
- When the onions are ready, turn up the heat and add the mushrooms - fry for 2 minutes, then add the peppers and fry for a further 1 minute.
- Turn the heat right down again and add the Quorn mince, crumbled stock cube, oregano and seasoning. Fry for 1 minute, stirring continuously and then add the tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then turn right down to a simmer.
- Cook your spaghetti according to the packet instructions / your preferences, and when the spaghetti is done the sauce will be too.
- Divide the spaghetti between four plates and serve the sauce in the middle. Scatter over the grated cheese and dig in!
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…
Pin Easy Quorn Bolognese for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!