Easy and nutritious, this Quorn Chilli Con Carne is ready in just 20 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights! I’ve kept the chilli level quite mild so it’s great for kids (and chilli wimps)…but feel free to add more if you like your chilli con carne HOT!
As I’ve mentioned before, I am a big Quorn fan. It’s great when you want to rustle a up a quick, tasty and nutritious meal and it’s super convenient as you can cook it straight from frozen…I always keep a few bags of Quorn stashed in my freezer to I know I can have a Quorn Chilli, Quorn Bolognese or Quorn Stir Fry ready and on the table in under 30 minutes.
This chilli is not only packed with nutritious Quorn, which is high in protien and fibre and low in fat, but it is also packed with veggies – onions, carrots, peppers, baby corn, mushrooms, tomatoes and kidney beans…this meal on it’s own will take you a long way towards that 5 a day target!
To keep this Easy Quorn Chilli Con Carne recipe family friendly (my kids LOVE it) I have made it quite mild, but if you like your chilli hotter, double the quantity of chilli flakes and / or chilli powder, or add extra chilli flakes at the end.
If don’t fancy Quorn, you could easily use beef mince in this recipe instead. Add the mince it to the frying pan after the carrots and onions have softened and fry until browned, then continue with the rest of the recipe.
Alternatively, omit the mince altogether and make this a beany chilli instead, using an extra tin of kidney beans or a tin of pinto or black beans.
If you have leftovers, this chilli is great the reheated the next day and served with baked potatoes and grated cheddar cheese on top.
This Easy Quorn Chilli Con Carne suits big heart wines such as a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon or Argentinian Malbec. Alternatively, if you prefer white a gutsy Sauvignon Blanc from the US or New Zealand would work well.
Easy Quorn Chilli Con Carne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced finely
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 150 g mushrooms diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 100 g baby sweetcorn chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or chopped finely
- 150 g Quorn mince
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- Basmati or long grain rice to serve
- Put the olive oil in a deep, wide saucepan and add the diced onion and carrot. Sweat on a low heat, with the lid on for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not brown.
- Turn up the heat and add the chopped mushrooms. Stir fry until starting to colour, then add the chopped pepper and baby sweetcorn and stir fry for another minute.
- Turn the heat down and add the garlic, quorn mince and chilli flakes. Fry for 1 more minute and then add the tomatoes, kidney beans, chilli powder and salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix everything together, then turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Turn the heat right down and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook your rice according to packet instructions / your preferences.
- Serve with chilli powder/flakes on the table for people to add extra if they like it hotter!
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…
Pin Easy Quorn Chilli Con Carne for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!