A super simple, yet totally delicious salad, that only takes 5 minutes to make! This Easy Prawn, Mango and Avocado Salad makes a fab main meal in its own right, or can be served as part of a picnic or barbecue.
So, on Tuesday I shared with you my recipe for my 5 minute Mexican Salad, and today I bring you another gorgeous summery salad that is healthy, tasty and above all easy.
My recipes come about in many ways, but many of my recipes are inspired by me dreaming up a bunch of things I love, that I think would go together – for example my Chicken, Chorizo and Sweet Potato Traybake was one such meal.
And this Easy Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad is another example – I kind of go into daydream mode, thinking about all my favourite foods and what would go together nicely and ‘bam’ I have a recipe.
I just adore prawns and avocado together – it’s a really classic combination, and began to think – hmm I wonder what would happen if I put some mango into the mix? And then I began wondering what else would work and what kind of dressing, and before very long I had the makings of a wonderful salad… a little recipe testing later and I was extremely happy with my creation 😀
This Easy Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad is wonderfully light and fresh and just says summer all over it. It is also incredibly quick to throw together – it takes just 5 minutes, if you have ready cooked prawns.
You could totally eat this as a meal in its own right – the combination of prawns, avocado and mango is actually quite filling. But if you are craving some carbs, then serve this with toasted brown pittas or flatbreads.
Wine wise, this Easy Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad would go brilliantly with a New Zealand or Chilean Sauvignon Blanc – one that has a bit of personality to it – to stand up to all that lime in the dressing!
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Easy Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad
- 2 little gem lettuces (or similar), sliced
- 50 g pea shoots and/or lambs lettuce
- ½ cucumber peeled into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 6 radishes finely sliced
- 300 g cooked and shelled prawns
- 1 small mango chopped into 1cm /½inch pieces
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Brown pittas or flatbreads (optional)
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a platter.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in an old jam jar or similar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve on its own or with toasted pittas / warm flatbreads.
- Not suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.