Another super simple, yet totally delicious salad, that only takes 5 minutes to make! This Prawn, Mango and Avocado Salad makes a fab main meal or can be served as part of a picnic or barbecue.
So, on Tuesday I shared with you my recipe for my 5 minute Mexican Salad, and today I bring you another gorgeous summery salad that is healthy, tasty and above all easy.
My recipes come about in many ways, but many of my recipes are inspired by me dreaming up a bunch of things I love, that I think would go together – for example my Chicken, Chorizo and Sweet Potato Traybake was one such meal. And this salad is another example – I kind of go into daydream mode, thinking about all my favourite foods and what would go together nicely and ‘bam’ I have a recipe.
I just adore prawns and avocado together – it’s a really classic combination, and began to think – hmm I wonder what would happen if I put some mango into the mix? And then I began wondering what else would work and what kind of dressing, and before very long I had the makings of a wonderful salad…a little recipe testing later and I was happy with my creation.
This salad is wonderfully light and fresh and just says summer all over it. It is also incredibly quick to throw together – it takes just 5 minutes, if you have ready cooked prawns.
You could totally eat this as a meal in its own right – the combination of prawns, avocado and mango is actually quite filling. But if you are craving some carbs, then serve this with toasted brown pittas or flatbreads.
Wine wise, this would go brilliantly with a New Zealand or Chilean Sauvignon Blanc – one that has a bit of personality to it – to stand up to all that lime in the dressing!
- 2 little gem lettuces (or similar), sliced
- 50g pea shoots and/or lambs lettuce
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons using a potato peeler
- 6 radishes, sliced finely
- 300g cooked and shelled prawns
- 1 small mango, roughly chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Brown pittas or flatbreads (optional)
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a platter.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in an old jam jar or similar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve with toasted pittas or warm flatbreads, if you like.
Pin Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad for later