These Easy Peasy Roast Parsnips and Carrots could not be simpler, simply chop the vegetables up and put them in the oven for 45 minutes. For extra deliciousness add a honey and mustard glaze for the last 15 minutes.
It’s no secret that I love recipes that can be cooked in a roasting tray in the oven…the oven sweetens and intensifies the flavours, while I sit back and relax (in my dreams!!).
I have lots of easy peasy traybakes on my website – some side dishes, like this one, whilst others are entire meals all cooked in one tray…for example my ever popular Chicken, Chorizo and Sweet Potato Traybake or my Moroccan Lamb Traybake.
One of my absolute favourites is this, my Easy Peasy Roast Parsnips and Carrots with Honey Mustard Glaze. It really is incredibly simple to do…but the result is amazing – utterly delicious – the sweetness of the honey and the sharp heat of the mustard compliment the roast vegetables beautifully…and it all takes just 10 minutes hands on time – perfect!
These fab honey and mustard roasted carrots and parsnips would go beautifully with roast meats – especially ham or chicken – as part of a Sunday roast. Alternatively they would be delicious with turkey for Christmas or a beautiful roast leg of lamb for Easter Day. Serve with my Easy Peasy Roast Potatoes and simple steamed green vegetables for a delicious and stress-free meal!
Easy Peasy Roast Vegetables with Honey Mustard Glaze
These Easy Peasy Roast Vegetables could not be simpler, simply chop the vegetables up and put them in the oven for 45 minutes. For extra deliciousness add a honey and mustard glaze for the last 15 minutes.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500 g parsnips peeled and quartered
- 500 g carrots halved lengthways
Honey Mustard Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain or dijon mustard
Pre-heat the oven to 220C / 200C / gas mark 7 / 425F. Drizzle a baking tray with enough oil to nearly coat the bottom of the tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- Peel and chop the parsnips into quarters (cut them in half lengthways and then widthways)
- Don’t peel the carrots, just chop them in half lengthways. (If your carrots are very large you could give them the same treatment as the parsnips.)
- Put the vegetables into the hot baking tray, (taking care not to splash yourself with hot fat) and turn them to get them coated. Put the baking tray back into the oven.
- The vegetables will need to cook for about 45 minutes in total.
- To make the honey mustard glaze, simply mix the three ingredients in a clean jam jar and shake (with the lid on) to combine.
- After the first 30 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven, drizzle with the honey mustard glaze and turn them to get them all coated.
- Return the baking tray to the oven for the last 15 minutes.
Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Easy Peasy Roast Parsnips and Carrots with Honey Mustard Glaze for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?