These Easy Peasy Roast Vegetables with Honey Mustard Glaze could not be simpler, simply chop the vegetables up and put them in the oven for 45 minutes. For extra deliciousness add a honey and mustard glaze for the last 15 minutes.
These fab honey and mustard roasted carrots and parsnips would go beautifully with roast meats – especially ham, chicken or turkey. Serve with my Easy Peasy Roast Potatoes for a delicious and stress-free meal!
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500g parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 500g carrots, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Drizzle a baking tray with enough oil to nearly coat the bottom of the tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- Peel and chop the parsnips into quarters (cut them in half lengthways and then widthways)
- Don’t peel the carrots, just chop them in half lengthways. (If your carrots are very large you could give them the same treatment as the parsnips.)
- Put the vegetables into the hot baking tray, (taking care not to splash yourself with hot fat) and turn them to get them coated. Put the baking tray back into the oven.
- The vegetables will need to cook for about 45 minutes in total.
- To make the honey mustard glaze, simply mix the three ingredients in a clean jam jar and shake (with the lid on) to combine.
- After the first 30 minutes, remove the vegetables from the oven, drizzle with the honey mustard glaze and turn them to get them all coated.
- Return the baking tray to the oven for the last 15 minutes.