I really love pork chops and I am always amazed how much better they taste with just a couple of extra ingredients: a splash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of oregano. Best of all these only take 15 minutes!
On a warm evening these taste great with a Greek salad and some crusty white bread, but as the weather turns cooler, serve these chops with a simple gravy, buttery mashed potatoes and some green veg.
Pork Chops with Lemon and Oregano
- 4 pork chops approximately 250g each
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up a griddle pan on a high heat (or a large frying pan if you don’t have a griddle).
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and oregano together in an old jam jar (or similar).
- Lay the pork chops on a plate and cover both sides with the marinade. (In an ideal world you would cover these with clingflim and leave to marinade for 30 minutes outside of the fridge so the flavours delvelop and the chops can come up to room temperature, but if time is short you can skip this step.)
- When the griddle pan is hot put the pork chops into the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Try not to move them about on the griddle pan and they will develop lovely char lines on each side.
- Ideally, leave the chops to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving (If you can bear to wait that long!)
Love pork? Check out my collection of Easy Pork, Ham and Sausage Recipes…
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…