Quick, easy and utterly delicious this Pan Fried Sprouts with Leek and Bacon recipe is hands down my favourite Brussels Sprouts recipe of all time (though there are some close contenders!)
This Pan Fried Sprouts with Leek and Bacon recipe really is my all-time favourite sprout dish. It is so delicious – I could eat a whole pan-full. (In fact, after making this for the photos, I pretty much did!)
The sprouts and leeks are pan-fried in butter before adding cubed smoked bacon – or lardons. I use these these cute little packs of lardons from the Tesco finest range which are just perfect for this dish.
The result is amazing – the salty smokyness of the bacon pairs so beautifully with the sweet, earthiness of the leeks and the nuttiness of the sprouts. This dish is virtually guaranteed to convert all but the most sprout-resistant!
If you only make one sprout dish this Christmas make this one!
Serve my Pan Fried Sprouts with Leek and Bacon as part of a roast dinner or with a big pile of creamy mashed potatoes for a quick and tasty supper.
For more inspiring ways to eat Brussels sprouts check out my post on How to Make Sprouts Interesting – 10+ ways to elevate the humble sprout into something a little bit special!
Pan Fried Sprouts with Leek and Bacon
- 30 g butter
- 180 g leeks sliced thinly (4mm ish)
- 180 g sprouts sliced thinly (4mm ish)
- 90 g bacon diced (or use ready prepared lardons)
- Black Pepper
- Melt the butter over a low heat. When the butter is melted add in the sliced leeks and sprouts. Stir to coat on melted butter then put a lid on and cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon / lardons in a separate pan for 5 minutes over a medium-high heat, stirring until golden brown.
- When the leeks and sprouts are done, toss them in with the lardons and mix together to get the vegetables coated in the bacon juice. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
- Serve as part of a roast dinner or just with a big pile of mashed potatoes for a quick and tasty supper.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?