I love the colours in this salad and the flavours work really well together too. The salty prosciutto goes particularly well with the sweetness of the peaches and I love the little pops of heat you get from the chillies and the freshness of the zingy mint and lime dressing.
I made this salad for a dinner party recently and it was such a good choice: not only does it look really pretty, but it takes less than 10 minutes to put together and requires no cooking, meaning it can be quickly thrown together at the last minute when your guests have arrived – the perfect stress-free starter!
Alternatively, this would make a great lunch or a light supper. It’s surprisingly filling on its own, but if you are feeling the need for something more substantial, serve with some crusty white bread or buttered new potatoes.
I would recommend a French or Chilean Viognier to go with this salad.
Peach, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Salad
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 90-100 g pack mixed salad leaves I went for a delicious mix of lambs lettuce and pea shoots
- 8 slices prosciutto each slice ripped into 3 or 4 pieces
- 2 balls mozzarella ripped into small chunks
- 3 ripe peaches each one sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 red chilli sliced into thin slices
- Make a quick dressing by combining the chopped mint, lime juice, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small jug and stirring to mix everything together.
- Divide the mixed salad leaves between 4 plates, arrange the prosciutto, mozzarella and peach slices on top and dribble over the mint dressing. Scatter over a few slices of chilli and serve.