Fed up with the usual leftover turkey recipes? Then why not try my Leftover Turkey Paella? Easy to make, using just a few simple ingredients…this delicious paella can be on your table in under 30 minutes… and only uses one pot! (Perfect if you are fed up with washing up from the day before!!)
Got leftover roast turkey that needs using up? (Or expecting to have some very soon?!) Then you’ve come to the right place! This week I’ve been sharing not 1, not 2, but 3 delicious turkey leftovers recipes!
This simplified version of my super popular Easy One Pot Chicken and Chorizo Paella is such a great way to use up leftover roast turkey after Christmas… it’s quick (only 30 minutes), easy (if you can chop and stir, you can make this) and of course, delicious! How could it not be with all those wonderful Spanish flavours?!
And, of course, as with my other turkey leftovers recipes, this can also be made with roast chicken leftovers too. Alternatively, if you don’t have any leftovers, brown some diced or ground turkey (or chicken) and then continue with the rest of the recipe.
I have kept this recipe super simple (I am guessing if you are making this after Christmas, you don’t want something super complicated!), but if you do want to take this up a notch, why not add in some chorizo, prawns or mixed seafood? (Instructions for all these additions given in the recipe notes.)
More leftover turkey recipes…
For more great ways to use up leftover roast turkey check out my roundup of 10 Easy Ideas for your Turkey leftovers.
Leftover Turkey Paella
- 1.2 litres hot chicken or turkey stock. (from a cube is fine)
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 400 g leftover roast turkey shredded (see note)
- 2 red or yellow (bell) peppers sliced or diced
- 2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped (optional)
- 300 g paella rice
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g frozen peas
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus extra for garnish
- Add the saffron to the hot stock, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a large, wide pan and add the onion, cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, chilli and paprika. Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the cooked turkey, peppers, tomatoes, paella rice and stock, plus some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes, with the lid off.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a further 5 minutes. By this time all the stock should have all been absorbed.
- Finally stir in the juice from 2 of the lemon quarters and the chopped parsley. Serve scattered with more parsley and with the remaining lemon quarters.
- If you want to add chorizo to this, slice or dice it and add it to the pan at the same time as the garlic, chilli and paprika.
- If you want to add pre-cooked prawns or pre-cooked mixed seafood to this, add them in at the same time as the frozen peas.
- Suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!