This Leftover Chicken, Avocado and Mozzarella Salad is an easy way to use up a small amount of leftover roast chicken. The inspiration for this dish comes from the traditional Italian “caprese” salad of mozzarella, tomato and basil. I’ve added chicken and avocado and swapped fresh tomatoes for sun-dried ones to create a salad that is super tasty, yet quick and simple to make. Each mouthful is a different combination of delicious flavour combinations!
I find this salad filling enough on its own, but if you are feeling the need for carbs, add some crusty bread for mopping up the delicious olive oil and juices.
This is a great way to use up leftover roast chicken, but if you haven’t got any leftovers, dice one large chicken breast and quickly stir fry on a medium-high heat until cooked through. Turn out onto a plate and allow to cool slightly, then continue with the recipe.
Need more ideas for your roast chicken leftovers?
Need more ideas? Check out my collection of easy leftover chicken recipes >>
Leftover Chicken, Avocado and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 sweet gem lettuce sliced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 ball mozzarella ripped into small chunks
- 200 g leftover roast chicken shredded
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes the ones that come in oil and don't need rehydrating, sliced thinly lengthways
- Handful of basil
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the lettuce and divide between 2 plates. Scatter over the avocado, mozzarella, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and a handful of basil. Dress lightly with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. It's that simple!
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…