Whether you want a decadent festive pud to get you in the mood for Christmas or an easy peasy way of using up leftover mincemeat after Christmas, these Baked Apples with Mincemeat, Maple Syrup and Brandy Butter are sure to hit the spot!
Need a stress-free festive dessert? These easy peasy baked apples are guaranteed to get you in the mood for Christmas. They take less than 10 minutes to prep and then sit happily in the oven doing their thing for the best part of an hour, filling the house up with gorgeous Christmassy aromas. Drizzle them with extra maple syrup and add a blob of brandy butter and…well, they aren’t the healthiest Christmas treat, but they sure do taste good! And they do at least count as one of your 5 a day, right? 😉
And, as a bonus, these simple baked apples are a fab way to use up leftover mincemeat and brandy butter after Christmas in a way that doesn’t involve eating yet more mince pies. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good mince pie and at this time of year I can’t get enough of them! But there does come a point after Christmas, doesn’t there? Where you just can’t look at another mince pie, let alone eat one!! Or is that just me???
I think brandy butter is the ideal accompaniment to these gorgeous Christmassy baked apples, but if brandy butter is not your thing, these would also go beautifully with custard, cream or even some ice cream. (Vanilla preferably, not the mint choc chip!!)
And a wine match? I would personally have this with a glass of sweet oloroso sherry or tawny port. And since sweet sherry and tawny port are two of my favourite wines, I would be a very happy bunny indeed 🙂
Baked Apples with Mincemeat, Maple Syrup and Brandy Butter
- 4 Bramley apples
- Mincemeat approximately 150-200g
- 200 ml water
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup plus extra for drizzling
- Brandy butter to serve or custard/cream/ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Use an apple corer to remove the cores from your apples, then carefully score around the middle of each apple, using a knife (this is really important otherwise your apple might explode!).
- Lightly grease a roasting tray with butter (it’s best to use a tray that will fit your apples in snugly) and place the apples in the roasting tray.
- Fill each apple with as much mincemeat as you can and pop a teaspoon of butter on top, then drizzle a tablespoon of maple syrup over each one.
- Pour 200ml water into the base of your tray (this is to stop the juices burning) and cover the apples with foil.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- When your apples are ready, remove from the oven and take off the foil. (Be very careful as the steam is hot and may burn you!)
- Transfer onto plates and serve with the juices drizzled over, extra maple syrup and a blob of brandy butter.
Get More Easy Peasy Christmas Recipes Here…
Pin Baked Apples with Mincemeat, Maple Syrup and Brandy Butter for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?