This Middle Eastern inspired avocado on toast recipe is a speedy but delicious twist on a classic. Mashed avocado is piled onto rye toast and topped with crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds. A wonderful breakfast or brunch option.
Middle Eastern Inspired Avocado Toast
I love avocado on toast – such a delicious and wonderfully simple breakfast or brunch option. And I am always dreaming up new twists on this classic toast topping. One of my favourites is this Avocado on Toast with Feta and Pomegranate Seeds. Inspired by flavours of the Middle East, this avo toast variation takes just 5 minutes to make and looks really beautiful.
Easy to make
This Avocado on Toast with Feta and Pomegranate Seeds recipe is very simple to make. All you have to do is mash the avocado with lime juice, fresh coriander, salt and pepper. Then pile the avocado mixture onto a slice of rye toast and top with crumbled feta, pomegranate seeds and a little more fresh coriander for garnish.
A pomegranate cheat
If the thought of having to deseed a pomegranate puts you off, I have good news for you! Do what I do and buy a small pot of ready-prepared pomegranate seeds from the supermarket. These pots are usually to be found in the ready-prepared fruit or ‘food to go’ section and they make life so much easier (not to mention less messy!)
If you do choose to buy a whole pomegranate, you’ll need ¼ of a pomegranate per serving.
The perfect bread for avo toast
In truth, you can use any bread you like for the ‘toast’ part of this avocado toast recipe. But my preference is rye bead – ideally rye sourdough. Use either one large slice or two smaller ones per person.
What to drink with avocado toast
If you are having this avocado toast for breakfast, then chances are you’ll want a coffee or tea… but if you are having this for brunch or lunch, and want a wine match, I recommend a zingy zesty Sauvignon Blanc from somewhere like Chile, New Zealand or South Africa.
Other avocado toast variations to try
Fancy trying a different avocado on toast variation? I have two others to try:
Avocado Toast with Feta and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 small avocado skin and stone removed
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped finely
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices rye sourdough bread or bread of your choice
- 10 g feta cheese crumbled
- 40 g pomegranate seeds (half a typical pot or a quarter of a whole pomegranate)
- Extra coriander leaves for garnish
- Use a fork to mash together the avocado, finely chopped coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the toast, then crumble over the feta.
- Top with the pomegranate seeds and a few more coriander leaves.
- Not suitable for freezing.
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Avocado Toast with Feta and Pomegranate Seeds for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!