A simple Christmas version of one of my most popular recipes, these White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies are perfect for festive entertaining, and as a bonus they are very easy to make…just a few simple ingredients and 40 minutes of your time and you too can be the proud owner of these gooey fudgy Christmassy brownies.
I don’t bake super often, but when I do, one of my favourite recipes to make is brownies! I have a brownie recipe that is quick to make, near enough foolproof, requires a lot fewer ingredients, bowls and processes than most recipes…and can be easily adapted to suit your preferences.
If you want a super chocolatey brownie, increase the cocoa…if you want a less chocolatey brownie, decrease the cocoa. Use dark brown sugar for a really rich taste, use light brown or caster sugar for a lighter taste…
And you can pretty much add anything you want to this recipe: dried fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, mini eggs (for Easter), Oreos, After eights, Terry’s Chocolate Orange, raspberries, blueberries…let your imagination run wild!
Since it is very nearly Christmas, I wanted to give my flexible brownie recipe a Christmas makeover, I ummed and aaahed a lot about this…I did fancy making Christmas cake brownies or mincemeat brownies…but since I was already making my Easy Christmas Cake Muffins for the blog, I wanted to do something completely different, so in the end I went for White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies…with a lovely dusting of icing sugar snow!
Not of course that you have to make these at Christmas time – I’m actually rather glad, on reflection, that I didn’t go for the Christmas cake or mincemeat brownie options as they would have been very much confined to Christmas time eating…these White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies, on the other hand don’t shriek ‘Christmas’ and so would be delicious at any time of the year.
After extensive recipe testing I can assure you these White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies taste equally good at mid-morning coffee time, afternoon tea time, as a dessert after lunch OR dinner, and really as a snack at any time of the day 😉
White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies
- 150 g butter
- 300 g dark soft brown sugar (or light brown or caster sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder (see note)
- 100 g white cooking chocolate chopped small / white chocolate drops
- 75 g dried cranberries
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. As soon as it has melted take it off the heat and allow to cool a little – don’t allow it to bubble!
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas mark 4
- Grease and line the base and at least two sides of a brownie tin. I find just lining two sides easier and full lining is not necessary for this recipe.
- Measure the flour and cocoa powder into large bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a jug or bowl and whisk together lightly.
- Add the sugar to the eggs and lightly whisk together until combined, then pour in the melted butter, whisking gently until combined.
- Pour the eggs/sugar/butter mix into the flour and cocoa and stir to combine.
- Stir about two thirds of the cranberries and white chocolate pieces/drops into the mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread out evenly. Scatter over the remaining cranberries and white chocolate.
- Place in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies in the middle. Don’t test with a skewer because you want it to be a bit gooey inside!
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin then lift out and chop into 24 squares.
Adjust cocoa powder according to taste: 30g for milk chocolate style brownies, 60g for dark chocolate style brownies, 90g for really dark chocolate style brownies.
Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Get More Easy Peasy Christmas Recipes here…
Pin White Chocolate and Cranberry Brownies for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!