This Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta looks and tastes rather decadent – but is actually unbelievably easy, only uses 6 ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make! Perfect for a touch of midweek luxury, but delicious enough to serve at the weekend – or even a dinner party. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover smoked salmon and/or cream you may have lurking in your fridge!
A real family favourite…
This recipe is so super simple and yet looks really pretty and tastes AMAZING! It’s a real Gargano family favourite.
Weirdly, my kids absolutely adore my Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta and go mad for it, even though I sprinkle it liberally with yucky green stuff (AKA dill) and I would have thought smoked salmon was a fairly mature taste… but no, not according to my kids!
Just 15 minutes to make!
It’s so easy to make that you can knock it up as a quick midweek meal in just 15 minutes – who says you can’t eat decadent food on a weeknight? But, given that it looks and tastes so wonderful, this is also makes a great dish for entertaining. A smaller portion makes a fab dinner party starter!
Perfect for leftovers…
This Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta is also a great way to use up leftovers. How many times have you served up smoked salmon – for example at Christmas time or at a dinner party – and ended up with a bit left over? This is the perfect recipe for it. It’s a great way of using up a bit of extra double cream too.
I usually make this Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta dish with linguine, which I think works really well. But it also works well with spaghetti, tagliatelle or any other pasta shape really…whatever you have to hand.
If you are not a fan of dill, you could use fresh parsley instead or just leave it out altogether.
I like to use double cream (heavy cream) in this recipe, but if you prefer the taste of creme fraiche, that works just as well.
What to serve it with…
I tend to serve this Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta on its own but you could always add a little side salad if you fancied it. Something with a lemony dressing would work well.
What to drink with it…
This dish goes really well with Chablis but other crisp dry whites, such as Pinot Grigio, Albarino, or Chenin Blanc, work well too.
Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta
This Creamy Smoked Salmon and Dill Pasta looks and tastes rather decadent - but is actually unbelievably easy, only uses 6 ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make!
- 300 g linguine (or any other pasta shape)
- 200 g smoked salmon (half cut into ribbons and half chopped)
- 50 g parmesan finely grated
- 30 g dill finely chopped
- 300 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 25 g butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions / your own preferences.
- Slice half the smoked salmon into ribbons and chop half into rough pieces, grate the parmesan and chop the dill.
- Place the cream and butter in a pan and gently melt the butter and bring the sauce just up to the boil then turn off.
- Add the roughly chopped salmon (not the ribbons) and half the parmesan and dill plus some salt and pepper to the sauce and stir. The salmon will gently cook in the heat of the cream.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the sauce along with a couple of tablespoons of cooking water.
Divide the pasta and sauce between the plates and lay over the remaining salmon ribbons. Sprinkle with lots of parmesan and dill and serve with a glass of white wine.
Not suitable for freezing (except the chicken on its own IS suitable for freezing).
Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?