Full of flavour, but low in carbs and calories, this Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice, turns the humble cauliflower into something rather spectacular! You can eat this as a main course in its own right, or serve as a side dish with all your Mexican favourites.
Cauliflower rice is such a simple way to make your diet that little bit healthier, without compromising on flavour – in fact, quite the opposite, cauliflower has so much more flavour than plain boiled rice, and goes so well with so many different flavours.
And it seems you guys can’t get enough of it…my cauliflower rice recipes are among the most popular on my blog! So far my cauliflower rice recipes have been designed to go with Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines, but today I am turning my attention to Mexican food!
I absolutely adore Mexican flavours and I have combined some of my favourites, such as cumin, smoked paprika, red (bell) peppers, corn, beans and coriander, to flavour this simple cauliflower rice recipe.
I originally designed this recipe to go with my Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos, but it would be a great side dish for all your Mexican favourites – it would go really well with my Chicken Chilli Con Carne or my Spicy Mexican Lamb Stew, or you could serve this Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice with a delicious steak, grilled chicken breast or salmon fillet, if you want to keep things simple.
Alternatively, this dish is so lovely, and surprisingly filling, you could serve it as a main course in its own right – perhaps with a side of Mexican Spiced Roasted Potato Cubes and/or my Easy Peasy Guacamole, for a lovely easy vegetarian, and indeed vegan, supper.
For details on how to turn a cauliflower into rice, using a food processor, high speed blender, knife or grater, check out the full instructions on my Pilau Cauliflower Rice recipe.
Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice
Full of flavour, but low in carbs and calories, this Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice, turns the humble cauliflower into something rather spectacular! You can eat this as a main course in its own right, or serve as a side dish with all your Mexican favourites. (Serves 4 as a main, 6-8 as a side)
- 2 tablespoons olive, rapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cauliflower riced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 200 g tin sweetcorn
- 400 g tin kidney beans (or black beans)
- 3 spring onions/green onions diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander/cilantro plus extra for garnish
- Place the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the diced red pepper, fry for 5 minutes on medium until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic, cumin, paprika and salt, and stir fry for 3 minutes, then add the sweetcorn, kidney beans, and spring onions and stir fry for 3 more minutes, or until everything is warm.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lime and then scatter over the coriander and stir in gently, remove from the heat and serve, garnished with a little more coriander.
Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Love Mexican food? Find lots more easy peasy Mexican inspired recipes here…
Want to find more great vegan meal ideas? Check out my collection of Easy Peasy Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes…
Pin Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!