I love guacamole and, as you know, I love easy peasy things! And this Easy Peasy Guacamole is so, so simple: it is ready in 5 minutes and only uses only 7 ingredients and tastes SO much better than the shop bought stuff!!
Do you love guacamole, but think it’s a bit of a faff to make your own? Think again! This Easy Peasy Guacamole just involves putting a few simple but delicious ingredients in a blender and pressing the on switch – it doesn’t get much easier than that!
Agreed it’s a little bit more work than opening a pot of shop bought guacamole, but not much! And you have to believe me when I say the flavour is about a bazillion times nicer than the shop bought stuff.
I make this guacamole in my trusty Froothie Optimum G2.3 Platinum Series blender (you can read my Froothie blender review here), which makes light work of this guacamole. I use the ‘Fruit and Veg’ setting which takes just 1 minute 30 seconds.
But if you don’t have a blender, you can absolutely use a hand blender and a bowl or jug, and it works almost as well. And if you don’t have a hand blender, just mash up the avocado and chop the other ingredients up as finely as you can – it will still taste nice but might just take you a little longer.
This recipe makes lovely smooth and creamy guacamole, but if you prefer your guacamole with more texture, then you might like to check out my Chunky Guacamole recipe instead.
Easy Peasy Guacamole
- 1 small white onion (or 4 spring onions)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 avocados
- ½ chilli (or more if you like it hotter!)
- 15 g coriander
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic up roughly, peel and take the stone out of the avocado and chop the flesh roughly, remove the seeds and membranes from the chilli and chop roughly.
- Put the chopped onion, garlic, avocado and chilli in a blender together with the coriander, cherry tomatoes and the juice from the lime, plus some salt and pepper. Blitz using a until smooth. (I use the Fruit and Veg setting on my Froothie Optimum 2.3)
- Check the guacamole to make sure it tastes right, add more salt, pepper, chilli or lime juice if necessary. Spoon out into a large bowl. Done!
This Easy Peasy Guacamole would be just perfect with my Homemade Chicken Fajitas…
Or why not try it with my Turkey, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos?
Need a recipe for salsa too? Check out my Easy Peasy Salsa…
Love Mexican Food? Check out my collection of Easy Peasy Mexican Inspired Recipes
Pin Easy Peasy Guacamole for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!