Your chance to WIN a beautifully presented hamper full of delicious food from Provence (worth over £100!) in this very special Easter GIVEAWAY!!! [GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED]
As I am sure you all know by now, I am a huge foodie (the name of this blog is a bit of a giveaway, huh?) What you may not know is I am also a real Francophile…I studied French at university, have lived in France (twice!), often visit France on holiday (you can read about my trip to to Aix en Provence here and my trip to the Loire Valley here) …and of course I LOVE French food!! I love trying new foods and regional cuisine (and wine!)…and I always try and visit local producers and regional restaurants whenever I travel…
So when Thomas from Tariette contacted me and asked if I would like to try a hamper full of delicious French food from the Haute Provence region AND host a giveaway of a second hamper (worth over £100!) to one of my lucky readers…well, I didn’t have to be asked twice!
Tariette is an online grocery store specialising in local food and produce from the Haute-Provence in France. It was started by Sylvie and her sons, Thomas and Pierre, after Thomas moved from France to the UK and struggled to find food as good as the food from his home region of Haute-Provence. His family would send him food parcels and, quickly they realised that other people in the UK would also like to discover and enjoy the delicious food of the Haute-Provence too! And so Tariette was born.
Tariette are keen to promote the passion and talent of the local farmers and producers in the Haute-Provence who are too small to supply big UK supermarkets, not having the quantities, the logistics, or the knowledge to take part in what is a tough business for the big guys…let alone the smaller suppliers! Tariette are passionate about giving little guys a chance to show what they can do.
Tariette seek to showcase the best local food and produce from the Haute Provence. Their products include almonds, olive oil, culinary lavender, honey and local delicacies such as calissons, nougat and tapenade. Tariette pride themselves on working with producers whose approach to making products is honest, sustainable, and ethical.
Tariette also create bespoke food hampers, which make unique and beautiful gifts. Their contents are handpicked to suit the recipient’s tastes and come in our pretty wicker hampers, wrapped up with a gorgeous silk ribbbon and a personalised gift card. Prices start from £75 with free UK shipping for a fully tailored hamper.
As I said before, Thomas asked if he could send me a hamper of their products to try, which was a very exciting prospect in itself…what I was not expecting was quite how beautifully presented it was going to be! As a food blogger I am often send ‘hampers’. What turns up is a cardboard box of stuff – usually really nice stuff, but not exactly a hamper!
Not in this case! Just look at how pretty the hamper from Tariette is…Just WOW!!
I think I can hands down say this is the prettiest food parcel I have ever been sent (and I’ve been sent A LOT of food in the post!) And this is the exact same hamper that you can win too!! (To find out how to enter see below.)
And the contents of the hamper did not disappoint either! There were so many lovely things to discover…from almonds to olive oil, lavender to nougat…we had an absolute ball trying them all! Even the kids 😀
We all had different favourites, but my personal favourites were…
- White Nougat…I have had nougat plenty of times before and this was something else! I often find nougat a bit sickly and bland, but not in this case…it was a little less sweet and full of delicious flavours from the almonds, lavender honey and vanilla. It was also a really nice texture…soft and chewy (in a good way!).
- Lavender Honey…Quite a cut above the usual shop bought stuff (and I buy the expensive honey in the supermarket!) It has a really delicate but distinctive flavour of lavender and it doesn’t have that slightly bitter edge that some supermarket honeys can have. Gorgeous on toast or drizzled on your porridge (though I would happily just eat this out of the jar with a spoon!).
- Basil Infused Olive Oil…this was a unanimous thumbs-up from all of us, even from the kids…who both went off to get a basil leaf each to dip into the olive oil for extra basiliness. This would be delicious in a simple salad dressing or drizzled over pasta or fish…and absolutely brilliant just as it is in a bowl for dipping bread into!
- Tapenade…this one was hubby’s favourite! He’s a big tapenade fan…I loved it too, but sadly I don’t think I am going to be allowed to have any more of it!! Hubby said “Not too bitter, like some tapenades are. More delicate. Good for spreading on toasted baguette!”
- Almonds…there were 3 kinds of almonds in the hamper…all of them delicious! There were raw unblanched almonds that were just unbelievably better than the kind you can get in the supermarket. There were caramelised almond pralines, which are roasted almonds coated in a thin layer of caramelised sugar…these were my personal favourite. The website describes them as moreish…and they are not wrong! And finally chocolate coated almonds made to look like olives…so clever…and a big hit with my little boy, who came back several times for more!
- Calissons…these are a regional speciality – made of ground almonds, candied melon and orange zest and topped with royal icing…I have honestly never tasted or even heard of them before, but I will definitely be back for more…a little like really good quality marizipan, but with delicious hints of orange and melon…they are the sort of thing that would be just perfect with an after dinner coffee.
- Culinary Lavender…this was hands down my kids’ favourite… What can I say? I have weird kids!! I have to confess it’s not the sort of thing that I would want to munch on as a snack, but I love things like lavender scones, lavender shortbread and lavender cupcakes…I will definitely be having fun in the kitchen with this lavender soon!
What is true about all the products is they are really noticeably a cut above their supermarket equivalents…more complex flavours, less harsh/bitter notes and just a lot more moreish. There was so much more to discover in the hamper too and all totally delicious. For a full breakdown of the hamper’s contents see below.
Tariette have kindly given me a second hamper to give away to one of my lucky readers!!
The hamper is beautifully presented and contains:
- 1x Basil Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1x Lavender Honey
- 2x Caramelised Almond Pralines
- 2x Chocolate Olives (chocolate coated almonds, made to look like olives!)
- 1x Calissons
- 1x White Nougat
- 1x Dark Nougat
- 1x Raw Almonds
- 1x Culinary Lavender
- 1x Tapenade
- 1x Hazelnut Praline Spread
- 1x Onion Chutney
The total cost of the products contained in the Tariette Hamper comes to over £100! And will be delivered to the lucky winner in time for Easter.
How to enter this fabulous French food hamper giveaway…
All you have to do to enter is visit Tariette’s website and then write a comment in the comments section at the bottom of this post, saying which product you would most like to try. Then complete the Rafflecopter widget to say you’ve done it. If you want to, you can get extra bonus entries too! Just follow the instructions in the widget below…
Help! I’ve never used Rafflecopter before…What do I do?
Rafflecopter is a little widget that allows me to run a kind of raffle on my website, except instead of entering by buying a raffle ticket, you enter by doing things such as commenting, following me on Twitter and visiting my Facebook page.
For one entry, all you have to do is visit Tariette’s website and answer this simple question: Which product would you most like to try?
And don’t forget to complete the Rafflecopter widget to say you’ve done it or it won’t count!
Once you’ve done this, the Rafflecopter will unlock all the other ways you can enter, but don’t worry – you don’t have to do them all (though I’d be delighted if you did 🙂 and remember, the more entries you make, the more chance you have of winning!) When the competition closes, the little widget will work its magic and select a winning name at random. I will then contact the winner via email to arrange for the hamper to be sent to you.
If you have any trouble at all, please ask via the comments below and I will do my best to help you. Good luck!
The Small Print
By entering this giveaway you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The prize is one hamper containing the products as detailed above and will be sent to the winner by Tariette UK.
- Total prize value is approximately £107. (This value does not include the cost of the hamper or delivery, which Tariette will also cover.)
- Should a product or products in the hamper go out of stock, Tariette reserves the right to substitute one or more items in the hamper for a similar product of equal or higher value.
- The photographs are for illustration purposes only and do not represent the exact prize.
- There is only one prize and there will only be one winner.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be selected at random by the Rafflecopter widget.
- The prize can only be sent to a mainland UK address.
- Once the prize has been sent, neither Easy Peasy Foodie nor Tariette can be held responsible for any loss or damage to the parcel during transit.
- Entry is via the Rafflecopter widget only.
- The Rafflecopter giveaway will close at 11.59pm on Tuesday 20th March 2018.
- The randomly selected winner will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the giveaway closing.
- The winner will have 5 days to respond, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.
- To ensure delivery before Easter is possible, the winner must reply to the email I send them before 23rd March 2018.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the hamper arrives in time for Easter, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- The giveaway is free to enter.
This is a collaborative post with Tariette UK. For more details on Tariette UK and their products, please visit Tariette’s website. For more information on collaborative posts please read my disclosure page.