All the delicious flavours of ratatouille are sneaked into this simple pasta dish. Hidden Vegetable Ratatouille Pasta is perfect for getting vitamins into little fusspots or for when you fancy a more flavoursome tomato pasta sauce.
If you like this recipe…
…you might also like:
Hidden Vegetable Ratatouille Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 aubergine chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 courgette chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pepper chopped into bitesize chunks
- 4 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 2 x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 300 g pasta (I used penne)
- 50 g grated cheddar (or emmental or gruyere)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the aubergine and courgette. Fry on a high heat for 3-5 minutes until brown all over, stirring frequently.
- In a wide, deep sauce pan place the other tablespoon of olive oil along with the onion and red pepper and fry on a gentle heat for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add the aubergines and courgette to the onions/peppers pan and add the garlic. Fry for 1 more minute on a gentle heat.
- Add the tins of tomatoes, salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence, and bring to the boil. Turn down low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to packet instructions / your own preferences.
- When the sauce is ready, use a stick blender to whizz the sauce up to a smooth consistency (or transfer to a regular blender).
- Transfer half the sauce into a box (or boxes) to keep in the fridge or freezer until needed. Tip the pasta into the rest of the sauce and bring back to the boil.
- Serve the pasta in bowls with a little grated cheese.
- This recipe makes a double quantity of sauce, which can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Why not freeze in individual portions for ultimate flexibility - and a super quick and nutritious meal when you just don't feel like cooking?!
- Nutrition information is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
Pin Hidden Vegetable Ratatouille Pasta for later
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK here to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.