Utterly delicious and dangerously moreish, these Maple Roasted Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecan Nuts are an easy peasy twist on plain old boiled Brussels sprouts. Perfect for Christmas Day or any time when you want to elevate your sprouts to the next level!
How festive is this dish? I’ve recently discovered the joys of roasting sprouts. They cook so nicely in a hot oven and develop a lovely rich nutty flavour and a crisp crunchy texture. Much nicer than plain old boiled sprouts.
Roasted Brussels sprouts pair so well with cranberries and pecans, and when drizzled with maple syrup they take on a whole new level of yumminess!
This Maple Roasted Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecan Nuts recipe would make a brilliant side dish for any roast dinner but especially on Christmas Day – kind of like sprouts and cranberry sauce in one dish!
The trouble with this dish though, is however much you make, you’ll always wish you made more!
For more inspiring ways to eat Brussels sprouts check out my post on How to Make Sprouts Interesting – 10+ ways to elevate the humble sprout into something a little bit special!
Maple Roasted Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecan Nuts
- 250 g sprouts halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 25 g dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 220C / 200C fan / gas mark 7 / 425F.
- Halve your sprouts and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle over a little salt and pepper. Toss the sprouts in the oil and then turn them all so they are cut side up.
- Roast the sprouts in your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sprouts from the oven. Sprinkle over the pecan nuts and drizzle over the maple syrup and toss everything in the maple syrup. Roast for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the cranberries. Toss everything together and then tip out onto a serving dish immediately (If you don’t the pecans will weld themselves to the roasting tray – you have been warned!)
- Serve as a side dish to a roast dinner.
FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan
Have you got your hands on a copy of my meal plan yet? If not CLICK HERE to download a copy of my FREE 4 Week Easy Dinners Meal Plan today!
Don’t want to miss a thing?
I am linking this up to Cook Blog Share.