This delicious Easy Pork Stroganoff is bursting with flavour, but is simple to make and only takes 20 minutes, meaning it is perfect for a busy weeknight. Serve with brown rice and green veg for a slightly healthier twist on a classic.
I am a huge fan of pork stroganoff, but I’ve never shared my favourite recipe for it – until now! I just love this easy peasy take on a classic recipe. It includes some of my favourite flavours – pork, mushrooms, garlic, paprika and sour cream! It’s definitely one of my all time favourite recipes!
To make this recipe a little bit healthier I have combined it with brown rice and broccoli – it is still January after all! If you are going low carb at the moment, just ditch the brown rice completely and serve with extra green veg.
I have chosen to use pork loin steaks in this recipe, but you can also use pork fillet if you prefer. Either way, there are no bones to worry, making this dish lovely and easy to prepare (and eat!).
If you are not a fan of pork, try this with beef instead, or if you would prefer a veggie version, increase the quantity of mushrooms and/or use some Quorn or tofu in place of the meat.
If you are not doing dry January at the moment, this recipe would go brilliantly with an oaked Chardonnay from somewhere like Chile or Australia, or alternatively, if you prefer red wine, a Beaujolais or Red Burgundy would go well here too.
- 200g easy cook brown rice (I used Tesco)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g pork loin steaks, cubed
- Small knob of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika (use normal paprika if you don’t have smoked)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 150ml sour cream (or crème fraiche if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- Tenderstem broccoli to serve (or another green vegetable such as spinach, cabbage or kale)
- Put the rice in a pan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and then cover with a lid simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat for 1 minute, add the cubed pork and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure it is nicely browned all over. Tip the pork and all the juices onto a plate.
- Turn the heat down then add the butter to the same pan and allow to melt, then add the onions and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile cook the green veg that you will be serving with the stroganoff – I chose to lightly steam tenderstem broccoli over the brown rice for 5 minutes.
- When the onions and mushrooms are cooked, add the garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, plus the pork and all the juices and cook over a low heat for a further 3 minutes, or until the pork is cooked.
- Add the sour cream and heat gently until it just starts to bubble (don’t boil!). Turn the heat off and sprinkle in the chopped parsley. Serve with the brown rice and broccoli.
Love pork? Check out my collection of Easy Pork, Ham and Sausage Recipes…
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals? Find more here…
Pin Easy Pork Stroganoff for later