Chinese Style Duck and Plum Traybake
Flavoured with soy sauce, honey, Chinese five spice and chilli, this Chinese Style Duck and Plum Traybake tastes really decadent, but is actually a complete doddle to make.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Juice of 3 oranges
- 3 teaspoons of Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or to taste
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 6 plums stoned and halved
- 4 duck legs roughly 250g each – I used Gressingham duck legs
- Mashed potato noodles or rice to serve
- Stir-fried or steamed green veg to serve e.g. kale, broccoli, pak choi
Preheat your oven to 180C
Squeeze the juice of 3 oranges into a roasting tray, add the five spice, chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey, and stir together.
Add the halved plums and turn them in the sauce
Roast in your preheated oven for 15 minutes
After 15 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and add the duck legs. Turn the duck legs in the sauce and then arrange them skin side up and put the tray back in the oven.
Roast for a further 45 minutes until the duck is just cooked through and the plums are soft. Baste once or twice whilst the duck is cooking for maximum flavour.
Serve the duck on a bed of mashed potato, rice or noodles and drizzle over a little of the sauce. Serve with green vegetables too, if you fancy.